Classroom Champions-Buffalo Bills Mentoring Program
Accepting applications on a rolling basis so do not delay to apply!
Click the button above to start your applicaiton.
Are you a passionate and committed educator? Do your students have big dreams, and need help learning the skills to make them a reality? Do you want your class to become a warm and encouraging team? Classroom Champions can help!
Our unique mentorship program pairs K-8 classes in the Western New York area with Buffalo Bills players from the 2017 roster. Over a four month relationship from September to December, our mentors will inspire students to gain expertise in skills like goal setting, perseverance, teamwork, and giving back to the community.
Additionally, in December 2017, participating classes will be bussed (all expenses paid) to ADPRO Sports Fieldhouse for an “Achievement Celebration” where students will get to meet their Bills Mentors in person!
Why be a Classroom Champions class:
- An invested, trained, vetted Buffalo Bills player mentor for your class
- Classroom visits in December to ADPRO Sports Fieldhouse for “Achievement Celebration” to meet Buffalo Bills class mentors
- Four social emotional learning (SEL) topics easily integrated into curriculum
- Monthly video lessons and challenges from your mentor to your students
- Ways to improve your classroom climate
- Ideas for project-based SEL lessons and technology integrations
- A continent-wide Professional Learning Network of like minded, passionate educators
- Professional development and planning webinars
- Donated technology made in Buffalo, tee shirts, and school supplies
While all teachers are invited to apply to Classroom Champions, our primary focus for this program is on K-8 classroom teachers in publicly funded schools in Western New York Public and Public Charter Schools in the counties of Niagara, Orleans, Erie, Genesee, Wyoming, Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, and Allegany.
- Classes in schools where at least 50% of students are eligible for a free or reduced price lunch
- Located in rural or urban areas, or on reservation