Champion Chats 2019
Celebrate Canada’s champions and support classrooms in Western Canada
Friday April 12th, 2019
VIP Reception: 11:15am
Location: Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
Classroom Champions welcomes Canada's decorated Olympic medallist, along with world class athletes to a engage in a lively panel discussion hosted by Tara Slone of Roger’s Hometown Hockey. Check out the panelists below!
Your support of Champion Chats will go directly to classrooms to build strong communities in Western Canada. Thanks to you, Classroom Champions can assign an athlete mentor to a classroom to provide students with skills for success in AND outside of the classroom: resilience, perseverance, dealing with adversity, giving to the community, healthy living, and celebrating diversity.
Proceeds from Champion Chats 2019 will be matched DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR thanks to a generous Classroom Champions donor.
Rogers Hometown Hockey
Canada’s most decorated Olympian.
6 medals, 3 Olympic Games.
Bo Levi Mitchell
CFL's Most Outstanding Player Award in 2016 and 2018
Stampeders starting Quarterback
2 time Paralympic medalist. Classroom Champions Mentor
Gold Level Sponsor
Athlete & Teacher Supporter
Silver Level Sponsor
Bronze Level Sponsors
Why Support Champion Chats?
This is about kids in Western Canada who need it the most and who need a champion in their corner.
You will experience our panel of Canadian champions sharing their personal stories alongside 300 of Calgary’s business leaders, decision makers and influencers.
There are many opportunities for you to align with your company brand and values.
- Your VIP Classroom sponsorship gives you the opportunity to address 100+ leaders and supporters at the exclusive VIP reception prior to lunch, in addition to funding a year long of supporting a classroom in a community that is meaningful to you. We will work with you to find a classroom in the regions where we partner with teachers and schools in Western Canada.
- Your FEATURED ATHLETE sponsorship gives you the opportunity to be host to the athlete panelists and have an exclusive meet & greet and photo opportunity. And- your support will fund a year long of supporting a classroom in a community that is meaningful to you. We will work with you to find a classroom in the regions where we partner with teachers and schools in Western Canada.
- Your GOLD Classroom sponsorship will fund a year long of supporting a classroom in a community that is meaningful to you.. We will work with you to find a classroom in the regions where we partner with teachers and schools in Western Canada.
- Your SILVER Classroom sponsorship will fund a classroom of the greatest need for a year long program.
- Your ATHLETE/TEACHER Supporter sponsorship funds a classroom, as well as allows athletes and teachers to also experience Champion Chats 2019 with our community of supporters. Your support allows us enrich the curriculum, support professional development opportunities, and help them build the students, and their, growth mindsets.
Details on all sponsorship benefits can be found HERE.
And don’t forget….Attending the event as a sponsor provides the opportunity to:
- MEET Incredible role model and leaders in Calgary
- HOST your stakeholders and / or engage your team;
- INCREASE your corporate profile and create greater brand awareness;
- DEMONSTRATE community leadership;
- CREATE meaningful moments and inspiring learning opportunities for students in underserved communities.
Can't attend but still want to make a difference?
In tribute to George Gosbee
Champion Chats was founded by, and established in 2016 through the vision of Classroom Champions ambassador, passionate sports fan, and gifted community leader, the late George Gosbee.
George will long be remembered for his many contributions. Champion Chats is honoured to serve as a legacy of his creativity and generosity.
If you would like to make a donation in George’s name, please click here and indicate George’s name in the comment box provided.
In the news
What happens when you ask elite athletes to volunteer their time to mentor classrooms? In 2018-2019, it was lowered student-reported bullying by 63% in Classroom Champions classes, while 95% of teachers reported improved student personal responsibility and 99% improvement in culture. But what’s not always publicized is the impact on the volunteer athletes. To end …
#ChampionChats 2019: How Classroom Champions sponsors and supporters help empower the next generation
Imagine if every $1 was 11x more likely to help students stay in school, make smarter decisions, and have the skills needed to succeed. Well that’s what happens at Classroom Champions. Thanks to each $1, our classrooms have lowered student-reported bullying by 63%, while 95% of teachers reported improved student personal responsibility and 99% improvement …
Presented by Ask, Listen, Learn; Author: Ella Maya, 6th grade teacher in Phoenix, AZ. Do you remember what it was like to be 11 years old? Regardless of when that was, I’m fairly certain it was an awkward time. Crushes. Chores. Homework. Making difficult choices? The pressure of it all! All of the “weird” things happening to …